- I am weird. And because I am an art major I don't have to explain to people why I am the way I am. I say I'm an art major and they just naturally accept my weirdness. So nice!
- Our opening songs in class... they aren't hymns or anything like that. No, we watch music videos on YouTube. Like, Walk Like an Egyptian by the Bangles. And it totally goes with what we are learning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP-AsG5DRk
- I get introduced to new artists, or just old ones that I didn't know before. Like the Shaggs. (Side note, if you don't know of them, don't look them up. They hurt my ears, but were an entertaining little joke. And a good lesson). Actually, you should just listen to them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPsXPCR5MU
- I get to do art, my favorite thing ever, ALL THE TIME! Well, most the time anyway.
- I get to carry around a big bag that makes me look like a professional.
- I make priceless works of art and get to be proud because it's all mine.
- People look at my work and comment. They criticize it, they praise it, they cry over it, they laugh and joke and examine it. And it's mine.
- Because it's the right thing to do.
Friday, September 30, 2011
I Love Being an Art Major!!
And here is why:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment