Sunday, May 1, 2011

People Really Care???

As I walk through the store passed magazines, and newspapers; or as I watch TV, be it a show, movie or the news, I notice a disturbing constant. All of America's media is plastered with celebrities. A.K.A. People we don't even know. Sure we know their name and their occupation, how many children they have, how many times they've been divorced, their latest scandal, and how much cellulite is on their butt. But we don't KNOW these people personally. So why does America care so much?

Do you even realize how much you depend on these people to be who you are? You let them dictate which gym you go to and which workout video you are going to use to shed that extra 3 pounds that you probably don't need to lose, but to look like our beloved celebrities maybe you should lose an extra 5 to be safe. You let them pick the style of clothing you are going to wear this season. They say what media medium is your preference. You are a disgusting clone of a worthless individual that isn't making you a better person or building you up to your potential. They aren't giving you the confidence to be yourself. Instead, we have no self-esteem and are in search of being everyone but ourselves.

I'm sure most of you noticed that that prince in England got himself hitched. I mean, every detail has been gracing every magazine cover, and it was broadcast worldwide. This is one that really gives me an itch. I can't believe that people really care about this. People are seriously dumb. Do you realize these people aren't even americans and yet you are ecstatic over it. I'm not saying you shouldn't care because they aren't "one of us". But you realize you are caring more about the wedding of someone that has nothing to do with your country, and you obviously don't know personally, than you do about your own daughters wedding next week? (Maybe I'm so bitter about this because I picked up one of my favorite magazines and the wedding was in it. It's not uncommon for this magazine to MENTION celebrity weddings but all 300 and some odd pages were DEDICATED to this joke!) One of my schools even asked us to watch the wedding and share our thoughts. (I didn't. I refuse to become a part of that parade).

If you want to keep an eye on how celebrities lives are going and morph yourself into a mini-them, then by all means, please do. Just realize I despise who you are. (Obviously you don't care because you care more about someone you don't KNOW). I just think there are more important things to care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment