Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butterflies

I. Love. Butterflies.

No really. I always have and probably always will. My parents potty trained me with butterfly underwear if that tells you anything. My shower curtain is butterflies. And if I had butterfly window stickers, they would be tastefully decorating my car.

I don't know why I love them. Maybe it's because they are all so beautiful, graceful and unique. Or maybe it is because they are commonly associated with love and fear. You know, when you see that beautiful someone across the way, or via computer screen, or in your mind's eye. And your heart starts beating super fast, you can't breathe, you sweat like a sinner in church, and you get that twittering in your stomach. You have to consciously control panting, drooling, psychopathic behavior before that significant someone notices. Or when you're about to do something gutsy and you just might release your previous meal in a matter of seconds. Those butterflies.

Many people love Monarchs.

And sometimes even the Blue Morph butterfly.

I couldn't decide which picture I liked best, so I posted them both!
And while these two specimens are on the top three list of my favorite butterflies, there is one that beats them all. And that is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.

That's really all I have to say about butterflies. I just wanted you all to know I like them.

2 comments:

  1. I use to love butterflies...Till one day, when my best friends dad, who went to Malaysia for a business trip, brought back dead ones in a case for display...I'm been scared since then... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love butterflies from far away =] they are so pretty! Lanette, I love your blog! You are so deep and have lots of insight =]

    ReplyDelete