My sisters, my mother, a couple of my nieces and I were gathered in the kitchen. I don't know how the topic started but we were talking about friends. And I made the super smart comment "You don't want to be friends with girls because they will stab you in the back. And you don't want to be friends with boys because they will lie to your face." My seven year old niece was quick to respond with: "If you can't be friends with girls, and you can't be friends with boys, then who do you play with?" I had no choice but to sit and stare at her with my mouth gaping open as I tried to come up with the answer.
I don't know why I said it. In fact, I think it is a horrible thing to say. It's untrue, and I have never had any experiences that would prove it to be true. (Well maybe I have, but they couldn't have been my friends if they were acting in such a fashion. So truly, it can't be proven). Leave it to my best friend to straighten me out. She may be young, but she is wiser than I. Thanks little lady. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment